Choosing real estate service providers in Phoenix, AZ
Phoenix, Arizona real estate transactions go far beyond applying for a mortgage. From selecting a trustworthy escrow agency, to finding the best movers, The Kimberly Lowe Group can refer you to Phoenix’s best professional service providers.
5 general pointers when selecting local service providers
- Consult your agent for recommended vendor partners
- Look into a company’s experience, longevity, and reputation in the community
- Search client reviews and testimonials to evaluate customer satisfaction levels
- Inquire about a service provider’s communication methods and style
- Seek professionalism, but don’t underestimate your rapport as working partners.
Tips for selecting an escrow agency
- Understand the role of an escrow agency, which is to uphold their fiduciary duty both to buyer and seller, disburse accurate payments, act in the best interest of buyer and seller, and follow the terms and condition contained in the escrow contract
- Ask where and how the escrow assets are held. Check the security measures and standards used to safeguard your money and personal and legal documents.
- Choose an escrow company that’s close to your location. Consider your convenience when you need to complete the steps required to close your deal.
- Compare fees. Scout for the best deals relative to the reputation and services offered by your options.
- Ensure that the company can deliver services on time, especially when under pressure from critical deadlines involved in the closing process.
Tips for choosing a home inspection company
- Check if the company or inspector is licensed and registered with the Arizona State Board of Technical Registration. Membership under national and global professional inspectors’ groups like the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors and the American Society of Home Inspectors is a huge bonus.
- Review a sample inspection report. Examine their attention to detail, along with how clearly they can communicate their findings – from spotting defects, to suggesting what to do to address them.
- Choose an inspector that allows you to join them throughout an inspection. This allows you to keep up with the inspector’s observations and recommendations every step of the way.
- Ask what’s included and what’s not in the inspection. Inquire about additional services like water quality or radon testing, inspections for wood-destroying insects, and septic tank checks – and how much these ancillary inspections will cost.
Tips for hiring a moving company
- Choose local. If you’re relocating from another city or state, movers based in your new area can offer the best services at the best rates. They know the ins and outs of your new neighborhood better, too.
- Compare estimates from at least three different companies. Request estimates written in your home, rather than sent over the phone or email. A company can only provide an accurate estimate if they have seen the items you are planning to move.
- Beware of unreasonable deposit requests. Reputable moving companies typically ask for payments after the move. At most, deposit only up to 20% of the total cost and use a credit card so you can contest any fraudulent charges.
- Check the company’s licenses and credentials. The US Department of Transportation’s Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration issues licenses to movers operating across states. If you are relocating in-state, verify if your moving company is a member of the American Moving and Storage Association or check its track record with the Better Business Bureau.
Connect with our trusted vendor partners
The Kimberly Lowe Group is proud to work with the most reputable vendors and service providers in the Phoenix metro area. Want to connect with our trusted partners? Call our team of leading Realtors in Phoenix, Arizona at 480-363-1622 or send an email to sold(at)thekimberlylowegroup(dotted)com.